Published On: 24/2/2013 A.D. – 13/4/1434 H
The Muslims were able to develop such a huge empire because they carried out the teachings and instructions of Islam, the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His prophet (Peace be upon him).
Allah’s promise that He made to the Muslims in His Glorious Qur’an was fulfilled because Almighty Allah is the most trustworthy when He makes a promise.
“We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).” [Surah Al-Hijr, 15: 9]
Over long centuries past, many misled people have tried to distort the Qur’an, but because Allah took over its protection and preservation, they have consistently failed.
One recent attempt was by Zionists. As published in a local newspaper, Israel printed a distorted version of the Holy Qur’an to be published in Muslim countries. Their attempt failed, however, because Allah exposed them, revealed their falsehood and made the whole world lose confidence in them. It became clear that no one could trust them or depend on them, so they gained nothing but shame and loss.
Allah overcomes, preserving his Glorious Book which He sent down upon the last of the prophets and messengers, Muhammad (Peace be upon him).
The Qur’an tells us about a lot of metaphysical issues before they take place, when no one knows about them. The facts of these issues are identical to what is mentioned in the Holy Qur’an.
The Prophet (Peace be upon him) told us about some metaphysical issues that did not occur in his time, yet they were true and accurate, just as he said.
Here are some of the issues that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) told us about:
• News and stories of the ancients, which have since been proven by modern science.
• The Qur’an mentioned news of `Ad and their prophet, Hud (peace be upon him), and how modern science has proven the truth of this information. Also, it mentions news of the people of Lot and their story with their prophet, Lot (peace be upon him). Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) told us how Allah punished them and made the heights of Lot’s village the lowest. Allah lifted the village to the sky and turned it over; making the highest parts the lowest as punishment for their misdeeds.
• Modern science has witnessed that what the Qur’an mentioned from the Prophet’s lips is true.
The reference to Noah’s flood in the Holy Qur’an, as our prophet (Peace be upon him) told us, as well as the ark being preserved as a warning to people, made them remember it. It also reminded us of a lesson from that good prophet and confirmed a metaphysical fact from the past that the Glorious Qur’an informed us about.
Not long ago, the ark was discovered at the top of Mount Judy in south-western Turkey.
The reference to the destruction of the disobedient people of Thamoud’s people by a devastating shock is a metaphysical fact from the past that the Glorious Qur’an informed us about more than 1400 years ago from the lips of His prophet, Muhammad (Peace be upon him), the last of all prophets and messengers. Modern science has discovered that there are artifacts which provide proof of this fact.
The Prophet (Peace be upon him) told the world about unseen scientific facts that no one had the least information about, more than 1400 years ago—facts which have since been proven by modern science to reveal the accurateness and trustworthiness of what the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said.
Some of the supernatural facts the Prophet (Peace be upon him) referred to typically do just what he said. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:
On the authority of Abu Hurairah, “Every son of Adam will be devoured by dust, except the tailbone (the coccyx); from it he will be recreated on the Day of Resurrection.” [Reported by Muslim]
Concerning this hadith, we note that:
• Modern science has discovered that the coccyx does not disintegrate or turn to dust as Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said. In fact, it is the only part of a dead body that remains after decomposition.
• Modern science also discovered that all parts of the body are formed from this primitive node during the embryonic stage.
• In 1935, Hans Spemann was awarded the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine for his discovery of the primary organizer in embryonic development, its role in creating all tissues, organs and systems of the embryo and how it never decays. Thus he was able to prove what Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) had said about it more than 1400 years ago.
• It is thought that Spemann was the first to discover the primary organizer, but the fact is that the first one to mention this scientific fact was Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).
The question now is: who taught the Prophet (Peace be upon him) all this science and why did the Almighty oblige him to tackle these metaphysical issues that no one knew anything about?
Allah knows well that these facts would be discovered one day in the future. So, the hadiths of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) would serve as an amazing synchronicity and true witness that he is a prophet sent by Allah Almighty. He was connected by inspiration to a teacher sent by the Glorious Creator, Allah, the Lord of the whole world.
There are a lot of hadiths from the Prophet (Peace be upon him) that point to many scientific facts and told us about them more than 1400 years ago when no one knew anything about them. They were the reason many western scientists adopted this great religion with which Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), the last of the prophets and messengers, was sent.
Now we are going to talk about some of the metaphysical issues about the future that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) informed us of:
• The murder of Umaya ibn Khalaf (one of the leaders of the unbelievers), which happened.
• The afflictions that would happen by the end of the caliphate of Uthman ibn `Affan (the third caliph) and Ali ibn Abi Talib (the fourth caliph).
• The death of the Negus on a certain day, which happened
• The news about the apostate rebels and the fight against them
• The murder of Ali ibn Abi Talib
• The mastery of al-Hassan and al-Hussain, the sons of Ali ibn Abi Talib. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said they would have to reconcile two parties of Muslims.
• The conquests by sea to Cyprus
• The participation of Umm Haram (a woman contemporary to the Prophet, (Peace be upon him) in a war overseas, and the height of her position
• Fighting the Byzantines
• Fighting the Turks
• Foretelling some things that happened during the Abbasid era
• Foretelling that his daughter, Fatima, would be the first one to die after him
• Foretelling which of his wives would be the first one to die after him
• What happened to the leaders of his army during the invasion of Mu’tah and what happened to Khabbab ibn Adi and the killing of the Qur’anic reciters?
• The strong wind in the Battle of Tabouk about which he warned his companions: whoever responded would be safe and whoever disobeyed would get hurt
• The vastness of the Islamic empire, gaining the treasures of the Byzantine Emperor and the disturbance of the Muslims at the end of their rule
• The liberation of Egypt
• The liberation of Constantinople
Historians agree that these events actually did take place.
All of this news about unseen future events shows for sure that the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is the Prophet of Allah.
This event took place during the year 654, and it lasted for a month or more. It caused the city to shake from an earthquake. Violent sounds were heard before the appearance of this fire, and then the earth gushed forth with a very huge fire.
Those who lived in Basra (Iraq, in the east) said that they saw the necks of their camels glow by the light of the fire that appeared in the land of the Hijaz (the western Arabian Peninsula).
The people of Medina sought shelter in the Prophet’s Mosque and repented to Allah from all their sins. They asked Allah’s forgiveness, freed slaves and gave alms to the poor and needy.
In the middle of the twentieth century, the truth of what the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said was scientifically discovered. It was proven by the spread of volcanic eruptions along the western coast of the Arabian Peninsula. The last volcanic eruption in 654 consisted of six new volcanic cones which erupted to a distance of more than 23 kilometers from north to south.
Two huge earthquakes took place in the city of Khaybar, within the span of recorded history, one in the year 460 and the other in the year 654. The last earthquake was preceded by the sound of loud explosions, followed by a huge volcanic eruption. It was accompanied by earthquakes which lasted for about 5 or 6 days at a frequency of ten earthquakes per day. The power of the strongest one is estimated to have measured 5.5 on the Richter scale.
Scientific studies carried out on the area of the Hijaz have explained that the area is definitely going to face volcanic eruptions where the lava will push from craters and faults, as it did before with millions of tons of lava. So it will fill the area with fire and light, and this verifies the prophecy of the Muhammad (Peace be upon him).
In addition to what we have mentioned, there are many other reports of metaphysical future events about which the Prophet (Peace be upon him) informed us, and what happened was exactly what the Prophet (Peace be upon him) foretold.